Printing to Windows NT queue

Post by Nick Cart » Sat, 30 Mar 1996 04:00:00

I am trying to print to a remote printer that is shared from an
NT server.  So I set up my printcap with
'PRT:lp=:rm=NTSERVER:rp=LANPTR:sd=/usr/spool/lpd'

etc.

The NT machine has its print  que shared and so on.

However it just doesn't print.  'lpc status' produce message
indicating it is waiting for the NT server to come up.  But it
is up as I can ping/ftp into it.

Any gurus out there have experience with this ?  Can you please
give me a hand.  Will appreciate it very much.

Nick

1. Problem with Windows NT print queues

Has anyone else encountered a problem like this:

Print queues that are managed by a Windows NT Server sometimes disappear
from Solaris 2.4. This may happen after several hours and strangely,
after setting up new queues also some of the old queues reappear.

2. Solarisx86-Viper AGP?

3. Print to Windows NT - Waiting Queue to Be Enabled?

4. newbie: ping ok --no telnet ftp

5. windows-nt to aix print queues "how to setup"

6. Routing and router redundancy

7. point solaris print queue to win2000 print queue

8. Need help with crontab file

9. How to set remote print queue to NT

10. Setup printer queue on Solaris to print to NT

11. Printing to an NT-Queue

12. Printing to NT queue

13. Setup printer queue on Solaris to print to NT