snmp noobie with a config question

Post by Gary Smi » Wed, 11 Feb 2004 03:55:04

Hello,

I'm trying to configure snmp to pull stats for mrtg.  I have been able
to query the router just fine and generate results.  What I would like
to do is also query all of the internal servers and generate reports
for them as well.

As the router isn't specific to where the data is travelling I would
like to kow if it's possible to query snmp on a given server (who's ip
is 10.3.0.9) for network statistics for any traffic that didn't
originate on the 10.x.x.x network (basically any external traffic).

As the title suggests I'm new to snmp.  Any pointers to some good
documentation for the above would be great.

Thanks,

Gary Smith

Post by Cameron Ker » Wed, 11 Feb 2004 09:02:01

> As the router isn't specific to where the data is travelling I would
> like to kow if it's possible to query snmp on a given server (who's ip
> is 10.3.0.9) for network statistics for any traffic that didn't
> originate on the 10.x.x.x network (basically any external traffic).

No, not really. Not unless you make an extension. Better to do bandwidth
accounting on the router going to your internet connection.

--
Cameron Kerr

Empowered by Perl!

1. Solaris 2.6 SNMP config question

I have the SNMP agent working on a 2.6 test box but I need to limit
access to the mib.

The config shown allows me to seperate access to the entire MIB or just
the SysDesc porttion using

system-group-read-community
read-community

I would like to add a third that allows access to the system-group-read
and to read only from the .private.enterprises.sun area,

Any examples on doing this?

Thanks
Greg

--
-John

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. Upgrade to 4.03-release

3. Solaris 2.6/2.7 SNMP Config Question

4. Secure/encrypted Internet logins

5. snmp config question

6. ROCKWELL VOICE CHIPSET ANSWERING MASHINE DEAMON

7. Noobie Question

8. is my Ultra 10 sick??

9. Noobie question, please help!

10. Noobie question -- running commands at startup

11. SNMP config help needed

12. mrtg - ucd-snmp config

13. snmp and config