tulip driver, "too much work at interrupt"

tulip driver, "too much work at interrupt"

Post by Walt Howa » Sat, 26 Apr 1997 04:00:00

I am running Slackware Linux on a Pentium Pro

I have SMC EtherPower 10/1000 cards. I installed one in the Linux box and recompiled the Kernel.

I am getting the message "too much work at interrupt, csr5=0xfc668000"

This occurs whether or not the card has a cable plugged in.

The kernel version is 2.0.0

The exact model number of the cards is: 9332BDT

Anyone else seen this? Any fix?

Thanks.

Walt Howard

Post by Artur Lipowsk » Sat, 26 Apr 1997 04:00:00

> I am running Slackware Linux on a Pentium Pro
> I have SMC EtherPower 10/1000 cards. I installed one in the Linux box and recompiled the Kernel.
> I am getting the message "too much work at interrupt, csr5=0xfc668000"
> This occurs whether or not the card has a cable plugged in.

Use the newest driver from:
http://cesdis.gsfc.nasa.gov/linux/drivers/tulip-devel.html

Regards,

--