how do work chap for linux pppd?

Post by KyoungMo I » Sun, 30 Jul 2000 04:00:00

I want to know how do work chap challenge and response for linux pppd...?

how do work chap for linux pppd?

Post by Bill Unr » Sun, 30 Jul 2000 04:00:00

Quote:>I want to know how do work chap challenge and response for linux pppd...?

fill in the line in /etc/ppp/chap-secrets. Use the user option to pppd

chap-secrets
username * password *

user username

1. pppd - PAP, CHAP, MS-CHAP, MS-CHAP-v2 protocol negotiation

Hi,

We have clients connecting to pppd 2.4.2b1.
Clients are able to connect using PAP, CHAP, MS-CHAP, MS-CHAP-v2 if
the pppd configuration is set up to require a specific protocol, eg:

If we change /etc/ppp/options to not request a specific protocol,
clients can only connect using PAP or MS-CHAP-V2. Client trying to
connect through CHAP or MS-CHAP fail and Pppd logs the error "peer
refused to authenticate: terminating link"

pppd configuration:

We'd like our clients to be able to connect using PAP, CHAP, MS-CHAP
or MS-CHAP-v2, the protocol being negotiated by server and client...

I suppose it's a pppd configuration issue; any help is highly
appreciated.
Thx.
dan

2. Getting Client IP address

3. Connecting pppd to NT server without chap/ms-chap

4. What does eth0 warning 'no MII transceiver' mean?

5. pppd using CHAP wont work with kernel 2.0.13...

6. sendmail and Linux

7. Getting kppp, pppd and CHAP working under Mandrake 6.0

8. How to interpret variable but put inside single quotes (in isql -Q option)

9. MCI's dialup PPP and Linux pppd CHAP

10. linux pppd version 2.2pl0 and chap md5 ?

11. pppd/linux/chap md5 problems

12. CHAP auth + Linux don't work

13. pppd CHAP and BTConnect