linux vpn tunnel to bypass port blocking

linux vpn tunnel to bypass port blocking

Post by chri » Wed, 21 Jan 2004 16:40:49

Hi. can someone tell me if this is possible, and if so, point me in
the right direction?

i have an account at an isp (fastweb) that has some sort of internal
firewall. I wish to be able to connect to my home machine via ssh,
vnc, whatever from the internet, but there is no apparent way to reach
it. I have accomplished this before using ssh, setting up a hostname
with dyndns.org, etc.

I CAN ssh out from my home machine, use ftp, http.
The home machine is running winxp with cygwin installed.

what i would like to do is this:

i have a linux box on the internet with 5 ip addresses. can i
establish a vpn such that

1. i connect to my server from my home machine and establish a tunnel
2. dedicate one of the server's ip addresses to my connection
3. i route all traffic to my server on the dedicated ip
bidirectionally across that tunnel such that i can essentially treat
my home machine as existing at that ip address when i wish to access
it remotely?

if this is not feasable, any other suggestions? basically, i want to
establish a connection from home to the server that i can connect back
across from the internet, bypassing the firewall, in as easy a manner
as possible.

Thanks for any help.

Chris

1. Linux based Firewall with URL & Content Blocking for LAN - 4 Concurrent VPN Tunnels!

No need to install filtering software on all systems!

 URL and Content Blocking! For Entire Network!
 FireWall / NAT.
 Dial-In Access.
 WEB Based Administration.
 No Limit on Shared Internet Access.
 Up to 4 Concurrent PPTP / VPN Connections. Over Internet or Separate Dial In!
 EMail Server for up to 200 Clients.
 Easy installation and configuration.

The INTERNETpro SES securely connects your network to the Internet easily with a robust firewall. Applying the NAT gateway, office computers in the Local Area Network (LAN) are protected from outside threats. The built- in firewall filters and inspects packets to prevent unauthorized Internet applications from accessing the LAN.

The INTERNETpro SES has a built-in VPN server that allows telecommuters, day extenders and road warriors to access the small office network securely through the Internet. The VPN server is compatible with the Windows 95/ 98 and 2000 Point to Point Tunneling Protocol (PPTP) VPN client.

The INTERNETpro SES allows everyone in your office LAN to access the Internet through one connection. The network can logon to the Internet using one ISP account through one dial- up modem, cable modem, ADSL or ISDN line. With the dial- in service enabled and a modem connected, remote users can securely dial back directly into the office network.

The software wizard setup guide allows non- expert networking personnel to configure the INTERNETpro SOHO and get connected to the Internet. Administration of the INTERNETpro SES is done through the web browser.

Visit: http://www.Ware1.com

2. Unable to load interpreter /lib/ld-linux.so.2

3. VPN Tunnel; PIX -> Cisco VPN Client for Solaris 3.5

4. RTL8139C: transmit timed out

5. Linux VPN / Tunnel solutions

6. OT: StarOffice 4.0

7. Cisco VPN: How to tunnel via Linux gateway?

8. need ibm aix docs

9. How to connect a VPN tunnel Linux-Windows?

10. VPN tunneling NT through Linux

11. PPTP VPN tunnel from Linux PC to Windows network??

12. VPN tunneling through Linux

13. how to tunnel to an MS VPN from Linux?