any known probs with the Netgear FA310TX ?

any known probs with the Netgear FA310TX ?

Post by Mark Trust » Mon, 13 Mar 2000 04:00:00

Greetings;

    I believe I had decided that it was compatiable a month or so ago, and
had spoken with someone who had previously used it..

Just wanting to hear any horror stories about this particular card..  Its
not listed directly, but If memory serves the chipset is.

Just looking for comments/confirmation before I order it

any known probs with the Netgear FA310TX ?

Post by John Edward » Tue, 14 Mar 2000 04:00:00

I've used the NetGear FA310TX in a number of SuSE Linux 6.2/6.3 machines with
no problems.   Use the tulip drivers (though I had heard that the chipset
changed in later iterations of the card).

--
John K. Edwards

(301)470-4805

Post by David Efflan » Wed, 15 Mar 2000 04:00:00

>Greetings;

>    I believe I had decided that it was compatiable a month or so ago, and
>had spoken with someone who had previously used it..

>Just wanting to hear any horror stories about this particular card..  Its
>not listed directly, but If memory serves the chipset is.

>Just looking for comments/confirmation before I order it

Works fine with the standard tulip driver in RH6.1 with crossover cable to
a laptop.  Although, one user had to use the tulip driver from the
included floppy to solve some sort of lockup when disconnecting from a
switch.  But I have no problem connecting or disconnecting it from my
laptop.

http://hammer.prohosting.com/~cgi-wiz/  http://cgi-help.virtualave.net/