Linux as an Internet Access Provider

Post by Christoph Lamete » Thu, 04 Apr 1996 04:00:00

> >: Does anybody know of any Internet Access Provider that runs under Linux ?

> >We do
> >T1
> >>300 dialin users
> >100 Macs/PCs on Campus

> >3 Servers running Linux

> I hope this isn't too blunt, but I was curious what kind of monthly
> expenses you incur.

I dont do the finance part but
$1600/month for the T1 (PSI) + PacBell Charges.
The hardware can be had for $5000 if you buy smart.

Quote:> I assume the T1, phone lines (how many for ~300?), and office space are
> the static charges, with hardware upgrades coming in here and there.
> Also, how many people do you have running the operation?

Me. Half Time. But you probably need at least 2 full time regular people
to replace me. <G>