What is RPC: program not registered?

Post by ?à??è » Sun, 28 Feb 1999 04:00:00

hi,

when i tried nfs mount, I got following message :

mount : RPC : program not registered.

What does it mean?

What shoud I do?

Thanks for reading

Oh SeokHoon

Post by Villy Kru » Mon, 01 Mar 1999 04:00:00

>hi,
>when i tried nfs mount, I got following message :
>mount : RPC : program not registered.
>What does it mean?
>What shoud I do?
>Thanks for reading

Most likely you don't have any nfs server installed and configured.

The portmap service is also required, as this is the service that will
register all the nfs services (listening on port 111).

Villy

1. Cannot MNT RPC: RPC: Program not registered

While trying to nfs mount a filesystem that exists on my Sun, running
SunOS 4.1.1, from FreeBSD, I get the following error message:

           Cannot MNT RPC: RPC: Program not registered

I'm certain that everything is set up properly on the Sun, and I'm
aware of the differences in the /etc/exports files used by SunOS and
FreeBSD.  The version of FreeBSD that I'm using is 2.1.6, soon to be
changed to 2.1.7.

On the other hand, I've no trouble at all in nfs mounting and
accessing a FreeBSD partion from the Sun.

--
R. D. Davis                       http://www.access.digex.net/~rdd

Home telephone: 1-410-744-7964    unwanted older computer systems disassembled,
Work telephone: 1-410-744-4900    removed for free (locally) and preserved.

2. SAINT in Linux

3. clnttcp_create: RPC: program not registered

4. SAMBA Slow Response and Large Number of Collisions

5. mount: RPC: Program not registered

6. setting up a slip server

7. sunos shutdown message showmount: ... RPC: Program not registered

8. /usr/preserve/Exaaa99999

9. NFS: mount clntudp_create: RPC: Program not registered

10. RPC: Program not registered

11. NFS error: rpc: Program not registered

12. RPC: Program not registered

13. RPC Program not registered error