1. Limiting outgoing bandwidth per machine, using Linux (2.2.19) on ADSL
Ok, to start, some facts:
- I have a local network within my home, with IP addresses in the
192.168.0.0/24 subnet, assigned via DHCP
- I'm using a linux 2.2.19 machine as a router/server, that does IP
masquerading to allow all the machines within my network to share the
one internet connection I have. The local network interface is eth0,
while the internet connection is ppp0 (or eth1).
- I have an ADSL connection with 640 kilobits/sec downstream (80
kilobytes/sec), 90 kilobits/sec upstream (11.25 kilobytes/sec).
My service provider (Verizon Online) is rather facist with their
bandwidth allocation -- when anymore than 50% of my upstream bandwidth
is utilized, it cuts into my downstream. So say I'm downloading
something at 70 kilobytes/sec, and another computer on my network is
sending some data upstream, at 8 kilobytes/sec, my download speed will
drop to about 10kilobytes/sec, and it will stay that way until the
upstream bandwidth is no longer used.
- I have iproute2 installed with support built into the kernel
I want to setup some kind of traffic shaping policy so each computer
in the network can only send a certain kilobytes/sec upstream, via the
adsl interface (ppp0).
I have read the linux advanced routing howto, and that only left me
really confused. I fiddled around with the tc command but
unfortunately I wasn't able to make any progress.
I would really appreciate any help anyone could give me.
Thanks in advance,
2. !!DDE->TCP/IP Real Time Data Pump,Trx. DDE App. Data to UNIX via TCP/IP
3. New way to do QOS and limit bandwidth with Linux, new site , new software Howto Included
4. max number of telnet sessions possible
5. Bandwidth limiting using Linux as a router...
6. /etc/boot.conf error
7. Bandwidth limiting on Linux gateway
8. problems running startx (XFree86)
9. Bandwidth Limiting / Download Quota's with Linux
10. Limiting bandwidth on Linux gateway
11. limiting bandwidth to a IP using linux
12. Limit bandwidth by IP for a LAN behind a linux firewall
13. Is it possible to tweak cable modem hardware so it doesn't limit my bandwidth?