How to setup linux as a router?

Post by Hong Fan » Sat, 22 Jul 2000 04:00:00

Hello,

I am new to Linux. I would like to setup my linux box as a router between
LAN
an
d the Internet. Does anyone know how to setup this in Linux or there is some
sof
tware available which can do the work? Could you please point me to some
resourc
e in this area? Thank you very much for you help.

- Fang Hong

I think http://www.freesco.org should do the trick.

--
The Contact

How to setup linux as a router?

Post by Hans » Sat, 22 Jul 2000 04:00:00

Hello,

Check the below HOWTO documents in www.linuxdoc.org

NET3-HOWTO
IP-MASQERADE-HOWTO
DHCP-HOWTO
ETHERNET-HOWTO
KERNEL-HOWTO

You needs physicall resources too!

HUB, NIC x1 and Modem,           repair tools, and Enough Network Cable.
     or
     NIC x2 (DSL or Cable Modem)

Quote:> Hello,

> I am new to Linux. I would like to setup my linux box as a router
between
> LAN
> an
> d the Internet. Does anyone know how to setup this in Linux or there
is some
> sof
> tware available which can do the work? Could you please point me to
some
> resourc
> e in this area? Thank you very much for you help.

> - Fang Hong

Software Engineer
My homepage URL is 'http://www.geocities.com/flyingdoggle/main.html'

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Post by Dave Bro » Mon, 24 Jul 2000 04:00:00

>I am new to Linux. I would like to setup my linux box as a router between
>LAN and the Internet. Does anyone know how to setup this in Linux or
>there is some software available which can do the work? Could you please
>point me to some resource in this area?

I found the IP-Masquerading HOWTO helpful.  I also located a magazine
article on the net, that had a neat script to run in your start-up
(of RH6.2) which would set up IP masquerading.  I can't find the article,
but could send you a copy of the script.

--
Dave Brown  Austin, TX

How to setup linux as a router?

Post by cas » Tue, 15 Aug 2000 04:00:00

Can a linux router as as a fax server? with a modem attached for
the LAN?

Up to 100 minutes free!
http://www.keen.com