wvdial and kppp flaw

Post by Habibi4m » Mon, 06 Sep 1999 04:00:00

Hi,

I just upgraded to SuSE-6.2 and found some flaw in wvdial as well as
KPPP.  The wvdial terminates right after the ppp connection is
established.  I am wondering if this is a bug.

On the other hand, I can't use any X application once the kppp has
established the connection.  I tried to execute the "kmail" after the
kppp has established the connection and I got the following message:

        Xlib: connection to "localhost:0.0" refused by server
        Xlib: Client is not authorized to connect to Server
        kmail: cannot connect to X server
localhost:0

Why these all things happened with new installation?

--

PS. Remove "4m" from e-mail address to enable reply.

wvdial and kppp flaw

Post by Andrew Otwel » Tue, 07 Sep 1999 04:00:00

2 fold question - What user accounts are you using to do what (i.e. crank up
kppp AND kmail with the root account  while logged in as your user account)?

>Hi,

>I just upgraded to SuSE-6.2 and found some flaw in wvdial as well as
>KPPP.  The wvdial terminates right after the ppp connection is
>established.  I am wondering if this is a bug.

>On the other hand, I can't use any X application once the kppp has
>established the connection.  I tried to execute the "kmail" after the
>kppp has established the connection and I got the following message:

>    Xlib: connection to "localhost:0.0" refused by server
>    Xlib: Client is not authorized to connect to Server
>    kmail: cannot connect to X server
>localhost:0

>Why these all things happened with new installation?

>--

>PS. Remove "4m" from e-mail address to enable reply.

1. wvdial works, kppp doesn't !

Hi,

I am having trouble with kppp under SuSE 6.2. My system is as follows.

Celeron 333
Gigabyte GA-6BXE motherboard
voodoo 3 2000 AGP graphics card
linux installed on hda with win98 on hdb
Topic 56k external modem on com1

Having installed linux, I tried to make a dial up connection. Using wvdial,
after setting
up my username, password, IP address etc... I had no trouble making a PPP
conection
with my service provider.

So far so good.

Then tried the same with kppp (1.16.10 I think, on KDE 1.1.1), but I always
end up with
the message 'NO CARRIER' before any number is dialled. Can anyone suggest
what could be
the problem. I haven't made any special changes to wither program.

Thanks

Chris

Remove 'nospam.' to reply

P.S. I can attempt to post my config files, but when I do, my modem hangs
(in win98 AND linux)!!

2. Help with Adaptec AHA-1542CF

3. Newbie wvdial & kppp questions

4. Synchronisation of MySQL databases...

5. kppp vs wvdial

6. PPP ping help needed!!!

7. Can't Open Display After KPPP (Fine with Wvdial)

8. 4.0-20000430-STABLE vs. 4.0-STABLE

9. Diald, kppp and wvdial

10. Kppp and wvdial

11. kppp - won't connect to my ISP, but wvdial will

12. wvdial works, kppp doesn't!

13. wvdial, PAP, pppd dies after wvdial connects