1. 3com 3c905 PCI networking card not recognized (solution)
We have a Linux DNS/DHCP server for our otherwise NT network and out
of the blue, a disturbing message filled the console screen:
eth0: Busmaster arbitration failure, status 88f2
The machine had to be reset to shut it down. This message came back
upon rebooting and since the system has been untouched for the past 6
months, we assumed a bad ethernet card (It was an AMD Lance 2100 or
something). Anyway, the company has pretty much gone to these new
3com PCI network cards so we plugged a new one in, recompiled for
3c900 (et al) support. and then got the boot message:
Unknown 3com PCI ethernet adapter type 9055 detected: not configured.
I browsed through the 3c59x.c file and found a list of supported cards
and a list of card ID numbers including 9050, and 9051. After a
little more browsing I decided that this is how the driver detects
I added 9055 to the list, recompiled, rebooted and all seems to work
fine. Now before this whole thing catches fire and burns down the
building (not likely, but who knows) has anyone else seen this or
worked around this in this fashion? BTW, The kernel is 2.0.33.
Wayne D. Hoxsie Jr. KG9ME
2. dl_cpuclock_offset problem
3. 3COM 3c905 TX network card
4. Announce: Pike Conference 2002
5. 3COM 3C905-TX network card compatible?
6. NEdit 3.1, A Better Unix/VMS Text Editor
7. 3COM 3C905 Ethernet card networking stops working randomly
8. SOS : PLEASE HELP
9. 3C905 Network Card detected as a Vortex Network Card (3c59X series)
10. 3com 3c905 tx vs 3c905-CX-TX
11. Installing a 3com 3C509B UTP card - OpenServer 5.02
12. Installing 3com 3c905 card on Redhat 5.0
13. Problem Installing via NFS with 3Com 3C905-TX card.