Linux LISTSERV program

Post by Jonathan Haw » Thu, 03 Aug 1995 04:00:00

Please excuse my ignorance, as I am a base beginner, however, I would like to
ask the combined wisdom of the newsgroup where I should begin my research to
learn more about seting up a listserver on a linux box.  It was proposed to
day, and as I am currently the student, they (my bosses) assigned the project
to me.

I am unaware of the hardware/software requirements, and personally think this
is a busywork project.

Any and all help will be greatly appreciated.

Jonathan Hawes
Florida Online

Linux LISTSERV program

Post by Nick Kralevi » Mon, 07 Aug 1995 04:00:00

>ask the combined wisdom of the newsgroup where I should begin my research to
>learn more about seting up a listserver on a linux box.  It was proposed to

Check out the newsgroup comp.mail.list-admin.software for more
information, including an excellent FAQ.

(cc'd to author)

Take care,
-- Nick Kralevich

1. Is there a unix program that auto archives listserv mail spools?

I want to automatically archive unix mail spools of selected listservs. Is
there such a program?

For example, suppose I want to archive six spools from six different
listservs. They all come jumbled together in one long mail spool in the
following path:
        /var/spools/mail/jfieser

The program needs to (1) read the sender's address in the header line (2)
determine where the end of the message is, (3) copy it in a spool file
unique to that sender, (4) delete the message from the master mail spool
and (5) copy the new spool file to a pre-designated spot on the
unix directory tree. The program must be flexible so new listservs can be
added, and others can be removed. I think a flexible data file would be
needed that contained three fields of information: (1) the listserv
sender's address, (2) the name of the new spool as it is to be compiled,
and (3) where the new spool is to be deposited.

Advice?

Thanks

Jim Fieser

2. Ethernet problem

3. Looking for a Linux listserv

4. select()/fwrite() gets errno==EINTR

5. Listserv 6.0 Problems over Linux

6. How long do you DENY ?

7. Listserv under Linux

8. Linux on 386er notebook with 1MB Ram and 60MB HDD

9. Listserv for Linux

10. Mailing lists (LISTSERV) about Linux ?

11. Listserv on Linux

12. listserv software for Linux

13. Listserv for Linux