Sharing an internet connection to several windows clients

Sharing an internet connection to several windows clients

Post by Andreas Richte » Sun, 08 Oct 2000 04:00:00

I want to share an connection to several windows - pcs. I am using squid,
but now we got a DSL connection and so i don't want to use a proxy much
longer. Now I must change something (routing? masquerading? ip-chaining? I
am a newbie...) so that our LAN works without squid. Does anyone know a FAQ
or something else what I must do  I am a newbie...

Best regards from EXPO - City Hannover

Andreas

www.linuxdoc.org

Sharing an internet connection to several windows clients

Post by Bill Eastma » Tue, 10 Oct 2000 10:38:04

Do you have an extra 386 or better computer around?  If so, you might
try FLOPPYFW located at http://www.zelow.no/floppyfw/

>I want to share an connection to several windows - pcs. I am using
squid,
>but now we got a DSL connection and so i don't want to use a proxy much
>longer. Now I must change something (routing? masquerading?
ip-chaining? I
>am a newbie...) so that our LAN works without squid. Does anyone know a
>or something else what I must do  I am a newbie...

>Best regards from EXPO - City Hannover

>Andreas

Sharing an internet connection to several windows clients

Post by juan.. » Tue, 10 Oct 2000 11:08:27

IF your DSL is using pppoe, I suggest using Roaring Penguin PPPoE.  It
is awesome and it provides masquerading.  There is a masquerading howto
and a DSL howto at www.linuxdoc.org.  I suggest reading both.

Jerry

Quote:> I want to share an connection to several windows - pcs. I am using
squid,
> but now we got a DSL connection and so i don't want to use a proxy
much
> longer. Now I must change something (routing? masquerading? ip-
chaining? I
> am a newbie...) so that our LAN works without squid. Does anyone know
a FAQ
> or something else what I must do  I am a newbie...

> Best regards from EXPO - City Hannover

> Andreas

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

1. Setting up shared Internet connection with a Linux client with a Windows 2000 server (gateway)

Hi, i am trying to make my Linux box connect to the  internet . In my LAN, I
have a Windows 2000 Server acting as the gateway to the internet. Other
Windows clients are able to connect to the internet through this gateway.
Only the Linux box is not. Can any one out there help me to make this Linux
box connect to the internet through the Windows 2000 server gateway? (P.S:
all systems are connected to a HUB)

Thanks

2. Can't get ScriptLog to work Apache 1.2b7

3. Sharing my Internet connection with windows clients.

4. Innovative winxp feature

5. Sharing internet connection with dialup ppp clients

6. solaris and winnt&95

7. Linux as an Internet Connection Sharing client

8. Linux and STB X-24 benchmark stats

9. Sharing cable internet connection with dialup ppp clients

10. How do I client to Internet Connection Sharing (ICS)

11. Need help sharing Internet connection with some clients but not others

12. Info about sharing the Internet with Windows 98 clients

13. Windows to Linux Internet Connection Sharing