using modem in Linux

Post by boy3 » Sat, 27 Feb 1999 04:00:00

Hi,

I tried to use the chat program in Linux to establish connections between to
Linux station using two modems over the phone line, but for some reason, the
remote station gives me some strange symbols. Then I used minicom to
establish the connection, but I couldn't get the login prompt comes out.
Instead I got other strange symbols. Anyone has any idea how to fix this
problem? Which files should I modify?

Thank you very much

===============================
                      Alex Chui

ICQ:    638399
===============================

1. supraexpress modems (28.8) problems w/dial-ins

Hello,

        I've configured my linux box to receive calls from two 28.8
SupraExpress modems (both support v.34).  Everything works fine, the
connection, everything.  However, when the user logs off, the modems
literally go bezerks and make the LED display shows pure garbage and
the SD/RD leds blinks relentlessly.  After that, the modem no longer
answer to commands issued by my system or to incoming calls, and I get
this kind of messages inside /var/adm/messages:

Feb 24 14:05:02 zeus kernel: ttyS0: 13 input overrun(s)

        for both ports.  The only solution is to power off the modem
and restart it.  Then, uugetty regains controls and accepts answers.

        Here's a copy of my /etc/default/uugetty.ttyS0 file:

CLEAR = NO
HANGUP=YES
#DEBUG=777
DEBUG=010
INIT="" AT&F2S0=1\r OK
ALTLOCK=cua0
ALTLINE=cua0
#WAITFOR=RING
#CONNECT="" ATs0=1\r CONNECT \s\A
TIMEOUT=60

        Help!

        ...David

--

// Socom technologies, Inc.        Tel: 514/939-0480 Fax: 514/939-0834
   " There are lies, damned lies, and statistics. " -- Mark Twain

2. K Control Panel CUPS printer configuration

3. Compare file modification date using tcsh built-ins

4. realplayer can not plug in netscape477

5. getty_ps2.0.7 Still my modem does not accepts dial-ins.

6. X server config

7. Stabbed US preacher flees INDIA state (The same INS tactics used against the stabbed preacher)

8. Broadcom drivers and 2.4.3

9. Plug-Ins using C++

10. Sherlock linux plug-ins / sherlock for linux?

11. Need Help w/ Booting Linux & using a Cable Modem on Linux

12. List of plug-ins for linux/netscape please!

13. Errors compiling Wingz 1.4 Add-ins (Linux 1.3.99, GCC 2.6)