Need help with Helius / direcpc / satellite

Need help with Helius / direcpc / satellite

Post by Bob Rak » Tue, 06 Apr 1999 04:00:00

Greetings,

  I am trying to get the new version of Network Edition for DPC from
Helius running on my Linux (RedHat 5.2, kernel 2.0.36) system.

  My DPC setup works fine when I reboot into Win98.

I think I am having routing problems, but am not sure.  I have a good
signal, registration keys and license data.  The status panel shows
everything normal.  I have tried setting it up with PPP as my outbound,
I even installed diald and tried that as the outbound.  No luck.

I would appreciate hearing from anyone actually using the Linux version
of this software.

     -bob

1. Direcpc satellite IP network driver

Hughes has finally got their act together on release #2 of DirecPC
(http://www.direcpc.com).  Pricing has dropped dramatically, without
bandwidth charges.  Now you can get 200 hours of surfing at 400k for
$100/month.  This appears to be the only reasonable solution for my area, so
I'm going to sign up for it.  The only drawback is that the satellite feeds
into a single PCI card that goes in one computer.  I'd like to provide an IP
feed for all the computers on my network.

Hughes has endorsed a third-party company (http://www.helius.com) which has
written a dhcp-type server program for Direcpc.  It runs on NT, and allows
several networked computers to share the Internet feed from a satellite
dish.  It runs $599 per month, a huge increase just for a software driver.
This seems like a perfect application for a Linux box.  I'm checking to see
if it already exists.  Have you heard of someone doing this with Linux?

2. strange PGCC ss 970207 errors

3. DirecPC Satellite

4. stream pipes in linux?

5. direcpc satellite driver

6. Program speaker (freq+dur): how?

7. WANTED: DirecPC (Satellite) driver for Linux

8. User time limits

9. Need help file sharing using a linux client and a DirecPC Win ME server

10. Need help! X on TOSHIBA Satellite 4030 CDS

11. Need XF86Config for Toshiba Satellite 2595CDS

12. Toshiba Satellite 1950CT: Xconfig needed

13. Advice needed on Toshiba Satellite 4020