Bonding? Serial Line load balancing combined possible?

Bonding? Serial Line load balancing combined possible?

Post by Fris » Mon, 10 Jul 2000 04:00:00

I have an ADSL PPTP connection and a regular IP cable modem connection, is
it possible to use bonding or serial line load balancing ???
seems that bonding is used for the regular ip connection and serial line
load balancing (equ device) for the PPTP connection...

anybody?

Bonding? Serial Line load balancing combined possible?

Post by George Csahani » Wed, 12 Jul 2000 04:00:00

confused about your exact need here. Are you wanting to combine a connection
thru both the cable modem and adsl modem to some distant end?

You'd need to run a ppp connection thru each to the foreign end, and combine
using eql. But packet fragmentation may be a huge problem due to big, big
differences in latency, but I can be wrong about that.

You need EQL compiled into the kernel.

-GC

Quote:> I have an ADSL PPTP connection and a regular IP cable modem connection, is
> it possible to use bonding or serial line load balancing ???
> seems that bonding is used for the regular ip connection and serial line
> load balancing (equ device) for the PPTP connection...

> anybody?

1. dual line load balancing, multilinking, bonding

I need help with the above mentioned subject, they are all the same thing
just dif names.  I am having trobule getting them to work in linux.  people
in #linuxhelp told me it has been done, but they do not know how.  Note:
this is not ISDN, i dial over 2 reg. phone lines and it is bonded together
at my provider.  any help would be great.

2. How to get FileSize in Shell Programming?

3. Serial Line Load Balancing

4. HELP : Problem between IP and physical network layouts

5. serial-line load balancing

6. Getting xplay to work

7. Serial Line Load Balancing

8. filling /proc

9. EQL serial line load balancing

10. serial line load balancing

11. EQL (serial line load balancing)

12. EQL serial line load balancing

13. [patch] Adding Transmit load balancing mode to bonding