iptunnel

Post by Luca » Thu, 27 Jun 2002 18:34:10

Hi,

I got a problem with iptunnel. I'd like to link 2 nets:

net a)
192.168.0.0 (255.255.255.0)
router 192.168.0.1
eth0 yyy.yyy.yyy.yyy
eth1 192.168.0.1

and

net b)
192.168.1.0(255.255.255.0)
router 192.168.1.1
eth0 xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
eth1 192.168.1.1

with a tunnel:

What I did:

in one side:

ip tunnel add netb mode gre remote xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx local yyy.yyy.yyy.yyy ttl
255
ip link set netb up
ip addr add 192.168.0.1 dev netb
ip route add 192.168.1.0/24 dev netb

and in other side:

ip tunnel add netb mode gre remote yyy.yyy.yyy.yyy local xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx ttl
255
ip link set neta up
ip addr add 192.168.1.1 dev neta
ip route add 192.168.0.0/24 dev neta

Problem is that only routers can see each other. I mean I can ping from
router xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx to 192.168.1.1,
but I cannot ping from any host connected to this router: ping from
192.168.0.2 to 192.168.1.1(or any from that
net i.e. 192.168.1.2) does not respond.
Ping from router to host connected to second router does not work too.

What else should I do to make it work?
(linux kernel 2.4.9-34)

Thx a lot!

Lucas

iptunnel

Post by D. Stuss » Fri, 28 Jun 2002 07:20:29

>I got a problem with iptunnel. I'd like to link 2 nets:

>net a)
>192.168.0.0 (255.255.255.0)
>router 192.168.0.1
>eth0 yyy.yyy.yyy.yyy
>eth1 192.168.0.1

>and

>net b)
>192.168.1.0(255.255.255.0)
>router 192.168.1.1
>eth0 xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
>eth1 192.168.1.1

>with a tunnel:

>What I did:

>in one side:

>ip tunnel add netb mode gre remote xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx local yyy.yyy.yyy.yyy ttl
>255
>ip link set netb up
>ip addr add 192.168.0.1 dev netb
>ip route add 192.168.1.0/24 dev netb

>and in other side:

>ip tunnel add netb mode gre remote yyy.yyy.yyy.yyy local xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx ttl
>255
>ip link set neta up
>ip addr add 192.168.1.1 dev neta
>ip route add 192.168.0.0/24 dev neta

>Problem is that only routers can see each other. I mean I can ping from
>router xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx to 192.168.1.1,
>but I cannot ping from any host connected to this router: ping from
>192.168.0.2 to 192.168.1.1(or any from that
>net i.e. 192.168.1.2) does not respond.
>Ping from router to host connected to second router does not work too.

>What else should I do to make it work?
>(linux kernel 2.4.9-34)

>Thx a lot!

You don't need to use the "ip" command that existed in the 2.2 kernels.

Everything in the 2.4 kernels can be done with ifconfig and route.

iptunnel

Post by bill davids » Fri, 05 Jul 2002 00:52:32

        [snip]
| >Thx a lot!
|
| You don't need to use the "ip" command that existed in the 2.2 kernels.
|
| Everything in the 2.4 kernels can be done with ifconfig and route.

Your posting was truncated, you lost the example the O.P. needs to do it
the "right" way.

I'm not about to offer, I started using ppp over ssh and haven't had to
set up other tunnels other than a single gre which I don't have handy
for an example.

--

  Programming without software engineering is like sculpting with a chain
saw. The very talented can produce a work of art, the mediocre wind up with

1. ioctl: No buffer space available and iptunnel

Gday,

Im trying to setup an IPIP tunnel but am running into this problem.

$iptunnel add tunl0 mode ipip remote 192.168.0.1
ioctl: No buffer space available

Any suggestions?

Ive loaded ipip.o and am able to get up tunl0. Im using linux 2.2.17
with net-tools-1.60.

--
Rene

2. Linux printk

3. iptunnel vs new_tunnel

4. source code for rm and mv commands

5. IPTUNNEL help!

6. PowerVR Developers reqeusted

7. Communicate with Netware's IPTUNNEL

8. netatalk: Please Help! (long)

9. iptunnel vs. new_tunnel

10. iptunnel and traceroute

11. 2.5.45 [TRIVIAL] Fixed pmtu usage in iptunnel