Howto get my networkcard working?

Post by Leon » Tue, 01 Oct 1996 04:00:00

Hi all,

I'm running Linux on a IBM Model 80. Everything works, XWindows,
OpenWindows. Got my 8514/A adaptor working. So I'm a happy person.

BUT;
I've got a 3Com EtherLink/MC and it's detected by Linux, but when
IFCONFIG is loaded, the message 'eth0: TDR: termination error 1 clocks
away'. I don't know what i'm doing wrong.

Even when I try to terminate the card with an loopbackplug (terminator +
T-piece + terminator) the message still apears.

Anyone out there who can help me?

Thnx in advance,

Leon

1. Getting 256 megs to work... Howto..?

I just put together a new Pentium Pro, and I have 256 megs of ram
installed. When I boot the machine, the BIOS recognizes all 256 megs
but after booting linux and running 'free' it only reports 64 megs..?
I thought I heard from somewhere that I needed to add something to
lilo.config??? Does anybody know whats going on?

-Rob

-If its not to much trouble, could you please post here and send me an
e-mail?? The PPRO is our news server, and it might be down when the
usnet reply is coming through, and I would miss it... Thanks!

2. what does syslogd want with DNS?

3. Getting 256 megs to work... Howto..???

4. Signal and synchronization

5. My howto on getting Anti-aliased fonts to work with QT and Linux!

6. XFree86 3.1.2A

7. My howto on getting anti-aliased fonts to work with QT and Linux!

8. networking setup

9. Can't get my PnP PCI realtech chipbased networkcard working

10. My UTP connection of my networkcard doesn't work ?

11. Networkcard dont work

12. getting lilo to work with copy of working install on other partition

13. problem getting OSS compatability to work with ALSA: aplay works; /dev/dsp gives noise.