Kingmax Kc 301A

Post by Anthony Joseph Meizeli » Sat, 21 Aug 1999 04:00:00

Does anybody know if this  ethernet card works under linux?

The chips set is:

YCL
ISSI
Tamrrack

How would I set this up?

thanks!

                         Visit my web page at:
                    http://www.uiuc.edu/~ameizeli/

TOO BAD YOU CAN'T BUY a voodoo globe so that you could make the earth spin
real fast and freak everybody out.
                -- Jack Handley, The New Mexican, 1988.

Kingmax Kc 301A

Post by she.. » Thu, 26 Aug 1999 04:00:00

trying to get mine to work also.

Thanks Sherm

Quote:> Does anybody know if this  ethernet card works under linux?

> The chips set is:

> YCL
> ISSI
> Tamrrack

> How would I set this up?

> thanks!

Quote:> Tony Meizelis

Quote:>                          Visit my web page at:
>                     http://www.uiuc.edu/~ameizeli/

> TOO BAD YOU CAN'T BUY a voodoo globe so that you could make the earth
spin
> real fast and freak everybody out.
>            -- Jack Handley, The New Mexican, 1988.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

1. Kingmax 301a problem

Hi ,
        I have a problem which seems simple and solavable , yet has had be
totally stubbed.
I have two Kingmax 10/100 network adapters (model 301a). When I installed
linux , it recognized
the card as being of type tulip. Those two cards are in side the machines
that I want to network (via
a simple crossover cable).

        I have been able to sucessfully install the card using the
manufacturer's driver for windows 95
and am able to see the other machine (and play quake with each other too :)
but unfortunately it is
a different story with linux. The card has been recognized properly and eth0
is successfully brought up
at startup time (dmesg confirms that I have no IRQ conflicts) , however the
light on the back of the
cards go out as soon as eth0 is started.

        According to ifconfig the eth0 interface is up and running and I am
quite sure my etc/hosts etc.
are properly configured. I can ping to localhost and the machine itself but
I can NOT see the other
machine at all .... I think the network card is not working at all.

        The version of tulip.c I have is 0.89  , and after doing some
searching , I get the feeling that
I need the newer version of tulip.c (0.91) to probably make it work ,
however the main site for
downloading it is down (perhaps closed for Y2K ?) and I can't find that file
any where.

        I would appreciate if someone could either send me tulip.c (v 0.91)
OR suggest something
else that I could be doing wrong.

regards,
Mike.

2. HELP SOCKS COMPILING ERRORS

3. kingmax pccard support in FreeBSD4.0?

4. Linux verses Windows without DOS

5. IF you own a kingmax with no linux support READ

6. TRANSMISSION SPEED WITH FTP

7. KingMax 10/100 pcmcia nic driver

8. HP-UX vs. Linux

9. IF you own a kingmax with no linux support READ

10. Avoid 133MHz KINGMAX SDRAM

11. Some serious Unix based Apps support help needed in KC..

12. Unix help needed in KC, Web app dev environment.

13. We need some Unix application support help in KC