root disk file system and nfs server from boot/root floppies.

root disk file system and nfs server from boot/root floppies.

Post by Ron Peter » Sat, 22 Aug 1998 04:00:00

I have a root disk that was created with rawrite.  It is the color.gz
image.  I would like to mount the root disk and make some modifications
to the disk (adding nfs server capability).

I have tried mounting with various file system types and have had no
luck.

So, how can I mount it to make these modifications, or the bigger
question, how can I easily add nfs server capability to the basic
boot/root disk combination.

Thanks in advance.

Ron

1. root disk file system and nfs server from boot/root disks.

I have a root disk that was created with rawrite.  It is the color.gz
image.  I would like to mount the root disk and make some modifications
to the disk (adding nfs server capability).

I have tried mounting with various file system types and have had no
luck.

So, how can I mount it to make these modifications, or the bigger
question, how can I easily add nfs server capability to the basic
boot/root disk combination.

Thanks in advance.

Ron

2. Setting up new web cluster

3. root disk file system type and nfs server from boot/root disks.

4. Kernel Change Summary 2.1.14

5. Boot + root or boot/root floppies: how??

6. how to get creation date/time of o file in aix4.3.3

7. Root file system on a floppy disk do not work

8. extracting fields

9. Making a Boot Floppy and Fixing the Root File System

10. Linux Boot/Root-disk to connect to NFS-Server ???

11. How to build boot disk for boot/root floppy

12. Boot and Root file system disks

13. Can't login as root on SLS 1.02 root/boot disk!