Linux logon to netware 4.xx and share the internet link provided by a win98 machine

Linux logon to netware 4.xx and share the internet link provided by a win98 machine

Post by heartwav » Thu, 23 Mar 2000 04:00:00

Hello all,

I have actived the ipx on a rehat linux 6.0, do I need to use the novell
client to login the novell server? How can I bind both ipx and tcp/ip on one
eth0 card for the lan and internet connection?

Thanks

Linux logon to netware 4.xx and share the internet link provided by a win98 machine

Post by jaelic » Thu, 23 Mar 2000 04:00:00

If you have activated your ipx, you shouldn't need anything from
Novell. You can mount your file server with

ncpmount -S <SERVERNAME> <mount point> -U <username>

I'm assuming you have the ncpfs package installed. If you don't,
you can find ncpfs at RedHat's site.

Do you plan to administer NDS objects, or log into the NDS tree?
If so, you'll need the nwclient+utils package. Search this
newsgroup for it, and you'll find the location.

HTH

1. win95 client gets mail through linux machine from netware 3.xx mail server, POSSIBLE ?

now the win95 client gets his mail with Pegasus mail from the netware
mail server over the ethernet

Is it possible to put a linux (firewalling) machine in between ?
Will the Linux machine ( with IPX in the kernel ) pass on any IPX
packets ( if they're called that way).
Will it be completely transparent to the end-user ?
( the firewall also masquaredes the inner network to the Internet )

tinusz

2. libc.a and libc.so, libc.so.1libc.so.2, where is my library?

3. firewall kernel: martian source 196.xx.xx.xx from 165,146.xx.xx on dev eth0 ???

4. Arpresolve error: can't allocate llinfo for xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

5. connect a linux machine to the internet via internet connection sharing

6. Solaris 2.3 problem: zs0: unexpected soft interrupt

7. Could not reverse map address xx.xx.xx.xx???

8. Best Linux machine for $1500???

9. connection was refused when connect to xx.xx.xx.xx

10. WIN98 logon initiates a dialup to the Internet.

11. Can a Linux machine share in a Novell Personal Netware network?