chat script for ibm.net (or help converting a dip script)

chat script for ibm.net (or help converting a dip script)

Post by Robert D. Hodge » Thu, 10 Jul 1997 04:00:00

To all,

I've installed redhat 4.2, and I've been able to connect to one isp I use
with a simple "ogin:name assword:mypass" chat script.  However, I find I am
unable to get a working connection to ibm.net.  It appears from looking at
a "dip" script from the ibm.net web sitethat they do not send any prompts
or "expects" that chat can use.  In looking through the man pages for chat
I've been unable to find anyway to have it delay and then send the correct
strings to do the login.  Here below is an extract from the dip script
which is for slip (I'm using ppp):

################ cut starts
<!--StartFragment--># We are connected.  Login to the system.login:  sleep
2
  send &  wait ==> 20  if $errlvl != 0 goto login_error  send 1.0\r  wait
==> 20
  send INTERNET\r  wait ==> 20  if $errlvl != 0 goto password_error
  #send (account) (userid) (password)\r  send AUINET Notme nowayJose\r
  get $locip  remote 10  send \r  get $rmtip remote 10loggedin:  get $mtu
600
  defaultdone:  print CONNECTED $locip ---> $rmtip

################## cut end

I haven't had a chance to try it (I gave up and left the office for the
day), but would something like this work?
^:INTERNET ^:"usinet myname mypass"
(where ^ = two single quotes, they don't show up well here and I didn't
want any confusion)

Any help would be appreciated,

Robert Hodges

chat script for ibm.net (or help converting a dip script)

Post by Yaron M. Minsk » Thu, 10 Jul 1997 04:00:00

The way I set up my connection to ibm.net was using Redhat's nice little
netcfg tool.  The reason you're having trouble, I believe, is that
ibm.net uses chap or pap or some such system, as opposed to a
traditional log in.

I really don't know the details, but I do know that you can set it up
pretty straightforwardly using netcfg.

--
Yaron M. Minsky
    H: (315) 423-9907                        O: (607) 255-4934

chat script for ibm.net (or help converting a dip script)

Post by Matt Hobb » Sat, 12 Jul 1997 04:00:00

http://www.cahelpdesk.advantis.com/nethelp/linuxp.html

Is off the www.ibm.net homepage, then helpdesk, then in the Help
Library.. give it a try to get a PPP connection, or do what I do and
read the ppp-howto which will be on your linux machine somewhere.
(PS, I work on the IBM internet helpdesk). I can also send you my
ppp-on, ppp-on-dialer, and options script, of course you'd have to
modify them a bit to your dial in location.

Regards,
Matt.

1. Help: DIP script for IBM net doesn't work

        I am trying to get connected to the net with IBM's Global
Navigator.  IBM doesn't officially support Linux, but they gave me
Linux DIP script anyhow.  Needless to say it doesn't work.  I had
to enter the info by hand using "/sbin/dip -t -v".  Anyone else
out there had a problem and knows how to fix it?  Thanks.
Please Email me.

2. Exporting a Directory

3. help in learning how to do Bourne shell scripts then converting them to csh scripts

4. es1371 sound module --------

5. need help converting sh scripts to csh scripts

6. Upgrade RH 6.0 to RH 7.2

7. HELP IBM dip script does not dial pulse

8. reading keyboard entry w/ no echo

9. DIP Chat Scripts

10. Need to see someones working DIP chat script.

11. Calling another script from a chat script

12. MST PPP: Trouble executing shell script from chat script for Secure ID.

13. convert trivial Dos bat script into bash script