connect timeout to openoffice.org

Post by Patrick » Wed, 01 Jan 2003 15:58:39

Debian testing/unstable, no firewall, ppp with diald. 2.4.2-20 kernel.

Diald connects to my ISP no problemo, but there is only one website I can't
connect to, its the oddest thing. When I try to connect Mozilla to
www.openoffice.org it resolves the address ok, but times out waiting to
connect. I've been trying for days. Every other website works ok. When I
boot my dual-boot maching into windows I can connect with IE. Hmm, eh?

No log errors of any use that I can find.

I also tried connecting with lynx and konqueror, no joy either. *Sigh* I
dont know what to do next with this one.

connect timeout to openoffice.org

Post by Tatu M?nnist » Wed, 01 Jan 2003 18:40:50

Try to turn ECN off (as root):

echo 0 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/tcp_ecn

and then try again. A firewall somewhere there in between does not like tcp
explicit congestion notification ( http://www.icir.org/floyd/ecn.html ).

--
Tatu M?nnist?

Post by Erik Ljungstr? » Thu, 02 Jan 2003 01:58:14

> Try to turn ECN off (as root):

> echo 0 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/tcp_ecn

> and then try again. A firewall somewhere there in between does not like tcp
> explicit congestion notification ( http://www.icir.org/floyd/ecn.html ).

Just don't top-post.
http://www.northernmost.org/usenet.html
http://www.engineers-international.com/USENET.html

Those are very good (imho) pointers to how to behave here.

--

        -> ipv4: http://www.northernmost.org
        -> ipv6: http://freebsd.northernmost.org

connect timeout to openoffice.org

Post by Patrick » Thu, 02 Jan 2003 08:12:09

Tatu that worked like a charm. Thanks.

> Try to turn ECN off (as root):

> echo 0 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/tcp_ecn

> and then try again. A firewall somewhere there in between does not like
> tcp explicit congestion notification ( http://www.icir.org/floyd/ecn.html
> ).

>> Debian testing/unstable, no firewall, ppp with diald. 2.4.2-20 kernel.

>> Diald connects to my ISP no problemo, but there is only one website I
>> can't connect to, its the oddest thing. When I try to connect Mozilla to
>> www.openoffice.org it resolves the address ok, but times out waiting to
>> connect. I've been trying for days. Every other website works ok. When I
>> boot my dual-boot maching into windows I can connect with IE. Hmm, eh?

>> No log errors of any use that I can find.

>> I also tried connecting with lynx and konqueror, no joy either. *Sigh* I
>> dont know what to do next with this one.

1. openOffice.org announces openOffice.org 1.0

"May 1, 2002 - The OpenOffice.org community today
announced the availability of OpenOffice.org 1.0,
the open source, multi-platform, multi-lingual office
productivity suite available as a free download at
the OpenOffice.org community website. OpenOffice.org
1.0 is the culmination of more than 18 months of
collaborative effort by members of the OpenOffice.org
community, which is comprised of Sun employees, volunteer
developers, marketers, and end users working to create
an international office suite that will run on all major
platforms."

http://www.openoffice.org/
(if it's not busy, that is)

--
+==================================
| M i c h a e l  J.  T o b l e r
| Authorship: "Inside Linux" ...
| "C++ Unleashed" ... "C++ How-To"
| Motocycling, Surfing, Skydiving
+==================================

2. newbie: developping inetd subserver

3. Creating databases with OpenOffice.org and StarOffice

4. Crack for SCO

5. OpenOffice.org vs Word

6. MWave miroCONNECT HELP!!!

7. "So What's this OpenOffice.org thing?"

8. starting with linux

9. OpenOffice.org availability

10. OpenOffice.org came through again

11. OpenOffice.org sol x86 binaries out now

12. openoffice.org data source crash

13. Openoffice.org performance improvement?