REDHAT ERROR MESSAGES WHILE DIALING UP ISP

REDHAT ERROR MESSAGES WHILE DIALING UP ISP

Post by Shane van Ing » Fri, 22 Nov 1996 04:00:00

I have got a lot of the script set up for a internet provider running
under redhat 3.0.3 (Kernal 1.2.13).

When I log in as root and type in the command to dial up:

connect

The MODEM does all it's handshaking business then does the username
and password.
It then produces, in my log file, the following messages.

kernal: ppp: channel ppp0 mtu=1500, mru=1500
kernal: ppp: channel ppp0 open
pppd [495]: set kernal debugging level to 0
pppd [495]: using interface ppp0
pppd [495]: connect: ppp0 <--> /dev/cua1
pppd [495]: Hangup (Sighup)
pppd [495]: ioctl (PPPIOCGDEBUG): I/O ERROR
pppd [495]: ioctl (TIOCSETD): I/O ERROR
pppd [495]: ioctl (TIOCNXCL): I/O ERROR
pppd [495]: tcsetattr: I/O ERROR
pppd [495]: Exit

After producing these messages the modem then hangs up.

Could anyone please help me out

--------------

http://kite.ois.com.au/~shanevi

1. REDHAT ERROR MESSAGES WHILE DIALING UP ISP

[...]

2. installing GCC

3. PPP dialing to ISP is not working with RedHat 5.2 and Gnome 1.0

4. Sharing data between apps

5. Errors Dialing Up x2 Line At ISP in Slackware...

6. Enterprises Add Open Source To the Mix

7. 2.3 -> 2.7 via Dial-up (Re: CVS over 'dropping' dial-ups)

8. shuttle SN41G2/nvidia nforce chipset

9. any luck using redhat netcfg to dial out to isp ppp?

10. Is RedHat configured for Email via dial-up ISPs?

11. dial up to ISP's - Redhat 7

12. problems dialing up to ISP

13. ***Ignore Dialing into ISP w/PPP - BAD INFO***