What else must be running for linuxconf to run as http

What else must be running for linuxconf to run as http

Post by Keith Gride » Sun, 17 Dec 2000 01:19:23

I have been struggling with this and get no help from the LDP, RedHat or the
Linuxconf web page. Linuxconf works fine. I even have the latest version
installed. I can server web pages, I can serve SWAT to the LAN and admin the
SMB shares. I cannot get linuxconf to serve on port 98. If I run
'linuxconf --http' from the command line, I can get it on port 8000, but I
cannot ever find it on 98. I know the problem is with xinetd, but do not
know what to look for as all the documentation is for inetd. I think I have
it set up correctly, but am lost. here is a portion of the log:

/var/log/messages
Dec 14 14:41:32 grippo xinetd[5081]: warning: can't get client address:
Invalid argument
Dec 14 14:41:32 grippo xinetd[5081]: refused connect from <no address>

/var/log/secure
Dec 14 14:41:32 grippo xinetd[5081]: FAIL: linuxconf libwrap from=<no
address>
Dec 14 14:41:32 grippo last message repeated 9 times

Thanks,

Keith Grider

       I could't understand whats going wrong.
I compiled new kernel with kgdb patch..and entered the details in /etc/lilo.conf
and running lilo..

i got the following lines..

Warning: /etc/lilo.conf should be writable only for root ( I am in root login only)
Warning: device 0x0306 exceeds 1024 cylinder limit.

geo_comp_addr: Cylinder number is too big (  1146 > 1023).

Could any one help me out...

thanks,
srinivas.

2. mail to root

4. natd problems

5. aix 3.2 - see sed run, run sed run

6. linux and win98 on a second disk

7. Running apache as http://hostname and http://ip-address

8. problems with X-modem-protocol using rzsz

9. Site runs on https, but not on http

10. convention for https and http servers running on same machine

11. http and https running together

12. Linux bootup: Running Linuxconf hooks gets stuck for about 3 minutes...

13. linuxconf keeps trying to start a daemon that is already running!