Looking for a well featured mail client

Post by Darren Birki » Fri, 07 Apr 2000 04:00:00

Hello world

Not sure the networking sub-group is the right place for this - if not please
feel free to let me know.

I'm looking for a well featured email client for linux.  I use Eudora Pro 4.0
under windows and would really like something similar that allows for different
profiles and such like (i.e. along with multiple in boxes I want to have
multiple outgoing personalities).  Must support SMTP and POP3.  I only really
want a client and don't really want to run an MTA.  Any thoughts ?

Many thanks.

Darren

Looking for a well featured mail client

Post by Thomas Koschat » Sun, 09 Apr 2000 04:00:00

Quote:> I'm looking for a well featured email client for linux.  I use Eudora Pro 4.0
> under windows and would really like something similar that allows for different
> profiles and such like (i.e. along with multiple in boxes I want to have
> multiple outgoing personalities).  Must support SMTP and POP3.  I only really
> want a client and don't really want to run an MTA.  Any thoughts ?

Check out http://www.polarbar.org for a free Java-based client that
meets these requirements.
Thomas Koschate

For PGP Key, see
http://keys.pgp.com:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xF45280AD

1. mail client for windows with enhanced features running on a linux mail server?

hi,

i'm trying to find a mail - client connected to a linux mail server,
who supports following features:
-more than one email adress (as from) to be sent.
-reading retrieved faxes,
-sending internally in the network for doing remarks for other readers
(later send after viewing)
-more email accounts (for each person one, but can be read by
the "bosses" email client too)
-

Does someone have expierence with this? need assistance, hot tip

live long and prosper!

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. Anyone know how to add locales to a Solarix 2.5 x86 machine?

3. looking for a mail server application with specific features

4. "Compression" program needed...

5. Full-featured, reliable POP-mail client for Linux?

6. Screensavers

7. Looking for a mail client

8. SUMMARY: 'useradd -e <date>' fails

9. looking for good XFree86 browser, mail and news client

10. Looking for IMAP mail client with SSL support

11. Cirrus Logic CLGD5434 (attn: Scott Wells)

12. mail looks in ~/newmail, not /var/mail/username

13. What client mail protocol leaves mail on server