help-how to setup private network

Post by Bin L » Tue, 18 Oct 2005 11:07:14

Hi,

I'm trying to set up a private network by using one machine as the master,
which has two NIC's. One is used to connect to the external
network, the other is used to connect to a private network via a hub. I
have assigned internal IP addresses to the machines on the private
network by modifying the ifcfg-eth0/1 files on all machines. Do I need to
do anything else? coz when I ping the machines on the network from the
master, it says "unreachable".

Any hint will help. Thanks!

Bin

help-how to setup private network

Post by Bin L » Tue, 18 Oct 2005 11:35:29

sorry, got it. Bad cable. :( Thanks! --Bin

> Hi,

> I'm trying to set up a private network by using one machine as the master,
> which has two NIC's. One is used to connect to the external
> network, the other is used to connect to a private network via a hub. I
> have assigned internal IP addresses to the machines on the private
> network by modifying the ifcfg-eth0/1 files on all machines. Do I need to
> do anything else? coz when I ping the machines on the network from the
> master, it says "unreachable".

> Any hint will help. Thanks!

> Bin

1. private network -VPN-private network routing

I have set up a VPN with an SSH tunnel with the following topology
192.168.0.7

------------------------
|192.168.0.1(PRIVATE)   |
|a.a.a.a(PUBLIC CLASS c)|____
------------------------    |

                        -----------------
                        | 192.168.253.2 |
                        |  ssh-ppp-vpn  |
                        |               |
                        | 192.168.253.3 |
                        -----------------

------------------------    |
B.B.B.B(public CLASS C)|____|
10.240.2.11(CLASS C)   |
------------------------

------------------------
10.240.2.2             |
------------------------

I have set the routing up such that I can ping every ip address on the
A  and B internet(public) machines and the ppp tunnel. But if I am on
either machine 10.240.2.2 or 192.168.0.7, I cannot ping from public to
oposite private or from private to private.  I have enabled IP
forwarding on both boxes.  Machine A is redhat 6.2 machine b is redhat
7 if that matters.  Any body have any idea what I should check to
enable private network to private network communication.

Todd
Todd Gruben
Daring Technologies
Austin Tx

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. ifconfig what is 'dropped'?

3. Cluster Setup - private network with NFS homeareas on another Network ?

4. egcs/gcc program sizes on AIX 4.1.5

5. Help: ipsecadm usage ... and VPN setup using private networks

6. nfs problem?

7. How to setup Virtual Private Networking (VPN) in Linux?

8. CDROM access

9. How to use fwtk on linux with dual-network (Private Network + Network class C)

10. Setup internet-> firewall->masquerading router->private network

11. private network vs public network

12. Seeing school network from private network

13. private network - HELP!