NFS Installation of RH 6.0 in a two-computer-network

NFS Installation of RH 6.0 in a two-computer-network

Post by mac » Fri, 10 Dec 1999 04:00:00

I'm trying to install RH 6.0 on an old 486 via NFS from my Compaq
Presario and am beginning to wonder if it is at all possible? The two
machines are the only ones on my network and the installation sequence
comes to a halt when trying to mount my cdrom over the network
('nfsmount returns zero').

The network cards are recognized by both machines and I can ping to
the 486 computer.

Proceeding like the NFS-HOWTO states everything looks ok BUT when
running rpcinfo -p I only get the udp entry of nfs like this:

      100003    2   udp   2049  nfs

Come to think of it, I'm not really sure that portmapper and mountd
started with the tcp proto either.

This seems like a probable cause of the problem but I don't have a clue
on how to proceed. Could anyone out there give me some advice?

Thanks

  Mac

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

1. NFS Installation of RH 6.0 in a two-computer-network

[...]

2. PC Week article on 2.2 Linux and its SMP performance against Solaris/IRIX?

3. two network cards, two(?) networks, one computer...

4. 2.1.12[1-5] Unresolved symbols

5. Some ?'s on networking three computers with RH 6.0

6. what motherboard

7. Trying to get two network card running for RH 6.0

8. NFS between DGUX machine and Linux FAILS! URGENT!

9. two computer connected by two network cards

10. Two networks on two computers?

11. RH 5.2 -> RH 6.0 Networking not working

12. How to connect two computers with read Hat 6.0?

13. how to install RH 6.0 on SCSI computer?