Sending mail using CompuServe as ISP to other CompuServe addresses

Sending mail using CompuServe as ISP to other CompuServe addresses

Post by Basil Fowl » Tue, 13 Jul 1999 04:00:00

I have written a short script in Perl that produces a individualised
email, which is then sent off using sendmail through my ISP Compuserve
over a PPP link.  The system works ok, until the address is another
CompServe member.  The system sends all such messages over the local
network, with the result that they land up in my dead.letter box.

Obviously there is a configuration fault somewhere, but where?

Does anyone know where the Sendmail FAQs can be obtained?

Does anyone one know of a good source of info about MS/Windows SMTP
clients - like Agent - Ms Mail.  These work ok for sending to
CompuServe members.  What is the magic ingredients

TIA

Basil Fowler

Sending mail using CompuServe as ISP to other CompuServe addresses

Post by Joe Gerstun » Thu, 15 Jul 1999 04:00:00

http://www.sendmail.org/

Joe