overall idle timeout

Post by GRego » Fri, 24 Mar 2000 04:00:00

I have different Servers with linux kernel 2.2
Suse 6.3 and Redhat 6.1 and Redhat 6.0
Every service disconnects after 3 minutes idle time, independent what I put in
the config file for the service i.e. sshd, ftpd ....

Has somebody an idea where to change it ??
thx
Gregor

overall idle timeout

Post by Mat » Sun, 26 Mar 2000 04:00:00

I've experienced the same thing with RH6.1. My RH5.2 never did this. I
can't find any answers on usenet, yet. If you get the answer, please
let me know.
Thanks,
Matt

>I have different Servers with linux kernel 2.2
>Suse 6.3 and Redhat 6.1 and Redhat 6.0
>Every service disconnects after 3 minutes idle time, independent what I put in
>the config file for the service i.e. sshd, ftpd ....

>Has somebody an idea where to change it ??
>thx
>Gregor

1. Idle-Timeout with Telnet and SSH

Hello All,

When I telnet or ssh out from my Sun Blade running SunOS 5.9, my
sessions seem to time out rather quickly.  I know it's not the far end
that is disconnecting the sessions, so it must be my workstation.  Is
there someway to set the idle-timeout on outbound (client side) telnet
and ssh connections?

Thank you for the help.

Pete

2. shared library

3. What controls idle timeout?

4. serial library

5. How to disable the idle timeout of my xterm ?

6. Is 100 Mbps throughput between Win2K and x86 Solaris 7 possible?

7. iijppp Idle Timeout

8. ppp: device not configured message

9. user accounting & idle timeout

10. Idle timeout for PPP client