world access to NT intranet server through linux web server

world access to NT intranet server through linux web server

Post by Hugh Krensk » Fri, 27 Aug 1999 04:00:00

Our company has both a linux box used as a internet server (apache) hosting
out web site and an NT based Intranet server (IIS).

The intranet server provides employees with company information drawn from a
database using a combination of asp, delphi and powerbuilder code and
presented in html format.  This information is dynamically presented and
updated by employees using their browsers internally.

We have a need for employees to access this information remotely using the
web from customer sites or from their own offices.

Is their any way that the Linux web server can redirect external requests to
the NT intranet without having to register more IP address with out ISP.

I have acquired a piece of software which passes an address
(xxxxxxx.com:8082)  to port 8082 which is used by the program to redirect
the outside request to another box on the other side of the firewall.  This
is used on a Linux 2.0.10 server quite effectively and has been for several
years.  However, it will not work on our version of Linux 2.0.34.

Is there a solution for us?

Hubert