Big attachments in mails delivered via isp's smtp server

Big attachments in mails delivered via isp's smtp server

Post by Larry Tovar A » Fri, 23 Aug 2002 13:37:24

Hi!

How I can configure my local mail delivery daemon (sendmail or postfix) to
use my isp's smtp server when the amount of data to be sent is too big?
i.e. I want to use my local mail delivery daemon always, BUT if some user
on my system sends a BIG email to many recipients it is delivered using my
isp's smtp server in order to not repeat the upload data... This can be
configured in sendmail or postfix transparent to the users?

TIA, bye.

1. How to send email via my isp's smtp server with sendmail: SuSE 8.0

on Friday 27 Sep 2002 14:59 someone called Venus & Dick tried to persuade
us that:

Any particular reason why you can not send e-mail directly?
--
G.Arlington
== The more you know, the better you realise how little you really know...

2. (Q) My old computer cannot see all its memory

3. qmail - deliver though my ISP's SMTP

4. poll for A/UX

5. How to send email via my isp's smtp server with sendmail: SuSE 8.0

6. ANNOUNCE: the Linux C library 4.2 is on tsx-11.

7. Using mail/Mail to send HTML mail via SMTP

8. How to detect network interface link state?

9. Smtp direct (no ISP's smtp available)

10. sending mail with your ISP smtp server?

11. Can ISP detect when dial-ins are 'overloaded' ?

12. can't send mail in kmail via smtp