cannot print using lpr without PPP connection using Caldera (Red Hat)

cannot print using lpr without PPP connection using Caldera (Red Hat)

Post by Stuart Turto » Tue, 27 May 1997 04:00:00

I've just connected to my ISP using Caldera Linux. and have now got a
problem
printing. lpr works when I have a PPP connection to my ISP but not
otherwise.
I tried to create a default route as per O'Reilly's Linux Network
Administrator's
Guide.
'
# ifconfig dummy <host-name>
# route add <host-name>

The problem is that there is no 'dummy' interface set up and a quick look
through the kernel configuration interface doesn't seem to have an entry
include a dummy interface.

Any help appreciated.