Printers

Post by Francisco J. Fuentes Rodrigue » Sat, 27 Sep 1997 04:00:00

        Hi All:

        I must connect 2 lan one with Apple and the other one with Windows
95.
        I'm looking to use Linux, under this server I attach one laser
printer, and here the question:

        I must be able to control for accounting who and how many pages,
send to print to the laser printer.

        Is it posible?, where could I find the utility.

        Better if it free, but don't worry other case.

                Un saludo, Francisco :->

.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.
Francisco J. Fuentes
Hel-Com. Spain

.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.

1. HOW DO I - Configure an Inkjet Printer as a Postscript Printer ?

Hello,

I recently downloaded StarOffice 4.0 and installed this application into
Linux. Unfortunately StarOffice uses PostScript, Their documentation mentions
something about a filter, This is something I don't know how to do; I got
printing to work under lpr but that is as far as it goes.

I can print from Staroffice but all I get is garbage even when I follow their
instructions for specifing a specific Printer.

My Printer is a Canon BJC-600e if that helps. Currently I save the file to a
*.ps and then use Ghostview to open and print the file, this seems to me a
long way to do this. Any help would be appreciated even if its pointing me to
documentation on printing filters , etc.

TIA,
-Dave

2. HELP ! Want to run Graphic Applications remotely

3. printer: how to get a list of available printers

4. Packet Collisions w/ Samba????

5. printer redirection (to printer on bwlpr)

6. TT fonts screwed in RH 7.1

7. Lpd hangs at startup when remote printer is offline and there are jobs for the printer

8. monitor test software

9. Printer disappear from Red Hat Printer Manager

10. Terminfo printers for Fujitsu DPL Matrix Printer

11. Printer problem, lpr: lp: unknown printer

12. Printer prints from ttyS0 (modem port), but how from ttyS1 (printer port)?

13. Printer'quota on a network printer