Newbie: Help Dip,SLIP

Post by Anthony k. Blackwel » Wed, 25 Oct 1995 04:00:00

I have tried everything to configure dip. i can now logon to the schools
computer, but when i try to telnet out it says unknown host. Woht go
anywhere. i don't know if I even configed the network right. please help.

1. linux newbie needs help with dip and dynamic slip

Hmm...

This might sound awfully stupid but as a linux newbie I think this newsgroup
is a good way to ask questions about linux and stuff. :)

I have a dynamic slip acct and a Linux Slackware, but after days reading the HOWTO I still
can't figure out these problems below:

I tried to use dip but the modem doesn't connect. It doesn't even make a sound.
If you have a dip configuration for dynamic slip, could you send me the file,
please? :)

Also, how to test the slip connection once I get connected? I tried to email myself from elm
but it bounced back to me with some error messages. Do I have to setup something for this email thing
so it can go outside my computer? And same thing goes with ftp and telnet; I can't connect to
outside world.

Thanks for the info. :)

2. Adding users to existing groups...

3. Absolute SLIP, PPP, DIP newbie needs serious HELP!

4. lantech pe 200 pocketlan driver needed

5. Newbie SLIP/DIP help please ?

6. KDE on Solaris 7/SS5

7. SLIP and DIP only reaches slip server, help!

8. Rhino 12+ Board

9. SLIP -> DIP ? >>Newbie<<

10. PROPOSAL: Rewrite of Dip/Slip/PPP Docs in a Newbie Friendly way

11. Problems with SLIP and DIP Help... Help...

12. So far- da SLIP/Dip Faq <was slip/ppp>

13. SLIP and DIP not working after reinstall of Slackware 1.2(SLIP)