Setting IRQ for DE-220T ethernet cards ????

Setting IRQ for DE-220T ethernet cards ????

Post by John C. Grig » Thu, 12 Oct 1995 04:00:00

This is a re-post of a posting that I made from my freenet account
that seems to have disappeared.  Please excuse me if this is just a
problem with my news reader/server.

Greetings,

 I recently bought myself a pair of DLink DE-220T NE2000 clones at a
garage sale.  After much futzing, I got the cards going with Personal
Netware and Novell DOS 7 (NWDOS) - but I had to set the irq explicitly
to 15 in NET.CFG.  I then moved on to setting up Linux and ran into a
problem - irq 15 is used by my EIDE card for the IDE channel that my
CDROM is on and the NE driver won't initialize properly.  I hadn't
noticed the problem under NWDOS 'cos I hadn't accessed the CD-ROM with
the Netware stuff loaded - when I tried it it didn't work once the
Netware stuff had run.

 So my question is: how do I change the irq used by these cards ?
There are no jumpers, so I guess there's a PROM of some sort.  Is
there a program to change the settings in this PROM ?  I didn't get
any software with the cards (they _are_ from a garage sale, after all
!) or any documentation. I know the cards are DE-220Ts from the
Ethernet address prefix as well as from writing on the circuit board.
These boards do not seem to respond to having their irq set by the
driver (either under Linux or NWDOS).  Setting a different irg at the
LILO prompt does not seem to work either.

 I'd really like to get networking going under Linux (it'd be nice to
have a CDROM and network at the same time under NWDOS, too), so any
help would be appreciated.

 Cheers,
       John

     \/ \/   Computer
   /\     /\ Aided        Microstar Software Ltd.  Phone:  +1 613 727-5696
   \/     \/ Document     34 Colonnade Road North  Fax:    +1 613 727-9491
     /\ /\   Engineering  Nepean Ontario           Can/US:  1 800 267-9975
     \/ \/                CANADA K2E 7J6

1. Setting irq for DLink DE-220T ???

--

2. Advanced KORN or BASH Shell scripting question...

3. D-Link DE-220T driver problem.

4. Netscape, Fonts, and Disk access!!! Help?

5. DE-220T support

6. Cockmasters, Zealotry, etc...

7. How to set IRQ on ethernet card?

8. Solaris 7 Patch Warning

9. SOS: Switching Ethernet Card IRQ Settings?

10. PCI ethernet card shares irq with PCI scsi card

11. D-Link DE-530CT Ethernet cards and kernel panic.

12. D-Link DE 220 Ethernet Cards

13. Driver for DE-528 PCI Ethernet card