PPP connection fail Reason: ..not 8 bit clean...all had even parit

PPP connection fail Reason: ..not 8 bit clean...all had even parit

Post by Javier PArd » Tue, 02 Sep 1997 04:00:00

 Hi all,
   the problem is simple, why, after all chat(login pasword) ends, and
 started the PPP negotiation, give me these errors :

  LCP:request..timeout.
   ....not are 8 bit clean
   Problem: all had even parity

  or

  ...7 bit set to 0

    I have tried all, but i dont know how to set Parity none in pppd, maybe
with the serial?.. but are this option the default? i think yes...

   Thanks in advence... if not understood what i wrote, tell me.

Post by Kalevi Hautanie » Tue, 02 Sep 1997 04:00:00

:  Hi all,
:    the problem is simple, why, after all chat(login pasword) ends, and
:  started the PPP negotiation, give me these errors :

:   LCP:request..timeout.
:    ....not are 8 bit clean
:    Problem: all had even parity

:   or

:   ...7 bit set to 0

:     I have tried all, but i dont know how to set Parity none in pppd, maybe
: with the serial?.. but are this option the default? i think yes...

I think your ISP waits you to authenticate using CHAP or PAP and not
to send your login and password at all. Try setting up your
/etc/ppp/chap-secrets or .../pap-secrets. Make also sure your dial-in
chat-script ends right after ........ CONNECT "".

--
Kalevi J Hautaniemi,      Marjatankatu 12,     33730 Tampere,  FINLAND.
****  http://oh3tr.ele.tut.fi/~oh3fg/ ****  On air:  OH3FG, KO4BC  ****

PPP connection fail Reason: ..not 8 bit clean...all had even parit

Post by pa.. » Sat, 06 Sep 1997 04:00:00

Quote:> Hi all,
>   the problem is simple, why, after all chat(login pasword) ends, and
> started the PPP negotiation, give me these errors :

>  LCP:request..timeout.
>   ....not are 8 bit clean
>   Problem: all had even parity

>  or

>  ...7 bit set to 0

>    I have tried all, but i dont know how to set Parity none in pppd, maybe
>with the serial?.. but are this option the default? i think yes...

>   Thanks in advence... if not understood what i wrote, tell me.

I have the same problem...
please send solution also to me

Thx very much.

PPP connection fail Reason: ..not 8 bit clean...all had even parit

Post by andrzej popielewic » Tue, 09 Sep 1997 04:00:00

Well , try another method of using PPP. Simply connect using minicom ,
after You are
connected ( I mean  after login to Your ISP provider) , say exec PPP
(sometimes You do not
have to do it, namely sometimes Your ISP provider makes it automatically),
or so to start PPP
on provider site, You should see some funny hex codes ( if You see it it
means it is done) as
a result. At this moment ( after seeing these hex codes) leave minicom with
CTRL A Q ( it means without reset). Then say : pppd  /dev/modem . Check
with ifconfig if ppp0 is up, and eventually
check with ping the connection with provider. Say plog to see last pppd
messages.
All above is valid for Debian 1.2.

Best regards
Andrzej Popielewicz