Howto configure two domain names on one machine ?

Howto configure two domain names on one machine ?

Post by Joan Aik » Fri, 12 Apr 1996 04:00:00

I need to (temporarily) receive mail (via UUCP) for two different
domains.

So far my reading of the docs and config files suggests howto deal with
out going mail but not incoming.

I am using sendmail.

Any help would be appreciated, and if possible please (also) e-mail since
this usenet feed seems slow lately (and I currently have a message
bouncing back and forth between my (uucp) provider and my machine :-(

TIA.
--
     Joan Aiken    |              ----- J T 1 M D -----
  Toronto, Canada  |              Just Try One More Day    ;-)

Post by bill davids » Fri, 19 Apr 1996 04:00:00

| I need to (temporarily) receive mail (via UUCP) for two different
| domains.
|
| So far my reading of the docs and config files suggests howto deal with
| out going mail but not incoming.
|
| I am using sendmail.

Look at the d class "Cd our.net your.net" and from memory that does it.

 last possible moment - but no longer"  -me

1. Howto configure two domain names on one machine ?

Each person on our network receives mail for four domains,
which our server is responsible for. If this is what you want then :-
Set up your machine as a primary server for both domains.
I presume you have a named.domain1 file already so, set up a
named.domain2 file for your second domain and put the mailhost
as domain1 mailhost. Put CNAME entries in this file pointing to
each of the people who receive mail for two domains.
The Cw line in sendmail.cf may also need the 2nd domain name entry in too.
Regards, Craig.

2. New Red Hat 6.1 installation on new big disk

3. Can I configure multiple domain names to dhcpd.conf "option domain-name"?

4. Using Linux as a Serial Terminal

5. how can a machine has both a real domain name and a bogus domain name?

6. /proc file system help

7. changing domain name on many machines - is there a howto?

8. Puzzling make error with script

9. two domains on one machine

10. Multiple Domain Names on One Machine

11. DNS question: two domains (xxx.org & yyy.net) one machine ... how?

12. Domain Name - Can I have two on one Linux Box?

13. how to put TWO valid domain names on ONE host?