how linux can automaticaly forward a email to an other address?

how linux can automaticaly forward a email to an other address?

Post by user » Thu, 29 May 1997 04:00:00

I want to sent automaticaly the email messages that i receive to an other
account. How it is possilble to do that under the linux OS. Thanks in
advance!

Please Reply at

how linux can automaticaly forward a email to an other address?

Post by John D. Alle » Thu, 29 May 1997 04:00:00

In your home directory, create a file called .forward and place the EMail
address that you want your EMail forwared to. This works for sendmail, I
don't know about how it works with other mail services.
--John

Post by Dirk Geschk » Thu, 29 May 1997 04:00:00

> I want to sent automaticaly the email messages that i receive to an other
> account. How it is possilble to do that under the linux OS. Thanks in
> advance!

Create a file ~/.forward. In each line put the complete email addresss
where
your mail should go to,

Dirk.

how linux can automaticaly forward a email to an other address?

Post by Limin Gu » Thu, 29 May 1997 04:00:00

you can create a .forward file under your home directory in linux box like

westpoint.cc.mit.edu

all of your email will be forwarded to "westpoint.cc.mit.edu", of course
you have to have an account in that machine.

You can also edit aliases file and run newaliase to forward your email.
read man page about newaliase if you have any questions.

Hope this help.

Post by Art Hurs » Thu, 29 May 1997 04:00:00

> I want to sent automaticaly the email messages that i receive to an other
> account. How it is possilble to do that under the linux OS. Thanks in
> advance!

> Please Reply at

        Create a file with the name .forward in the account receiving the
email. The file should contain the address to forward to --

--

pier to pier protocols only work between docking stations ;-)

how linux can automaticaly forward a email to an other address?

Post by user » Thu, 29 May 1997 04:00:00

I want to sent automaticaly the email messages that i receive to an other
account. How it is possilble to do that under the linux OS. Thanks in
advance!

Please Reply at

how linux can automaticaly forward a email to an other address?

Post by Limin Gu » Thu, 29 May 1997 04:00:00

you can create a .forward file under your home directory in linux box like

westpoint.cc.mit.edu

all of your email will be forwarded to "westpoint.cc.mit.edu", of course
you have to have an account in that machine.

You can also edit aliases file and run newaliase to forward your email.
read man page about newaliase if you have any questions.

Hope this help.

> I want to sent automaticaly the email messages that i receive to an other
> account. How it is possilble to do that under the linux OS. Thanks in
> advance!

> Please Reply at

how linux can automaticaly forward a email to an other address?

Post by Art Hurs » Thu, 29 May 1997 04:00:00

> I want to sent automaticaly the email messages that i receive to an other
> account. How it is possilble to do that under the linux OS. Thanks in
> advance!

> Please Reply at

        Create a file with the name .forward in the account receiving the
email. The file should contain the address to forward to --

--

pier to pier protocols only work between docking stations ;-)

how linux can automaticaly forward a email to an other address?

Post by John D. Alle » Thu, 29 May 1997 04:00:00

In your home directory, create a file called .forward and place the EMail
address that you want your EMail forwared to. This works for sendmail, I
don't know about how it works with other mail services.
--John

> I want to sent automaticaly the email messages that i receive to an other
> account. How it is possilble to do that under the linux OS. Thanks in
> advance!

> Please Reply at

how linux can automaticaly forward a email to an other address?

Post by Dirk Geschk » Thu, 29 May 1997 04:00:00

> I want to sent automaticaly the email messages that i receive to an other
> account. How it is possilble to do that under the linux OS. Thanks in
> advance!

Create a file ~/.forward. In each line put the complete email addresss
where
your mail should go to,

Dirk.

how linux can automaticaly forward a email to an other address?

Post by Remco van de Meen » Wed, 04 Jun 1997 04:00:00

Once upon a time in the land of comp.os.linux.networking,
 : I want to sent automaticaly the email messages that i receive to an other
 : account. How it is possilble to do that under the linux OS. Thanks in
 : advance!

 : Please Reply at

Try ~/.forward file, if you're using sendmail or something else that
supports .forward files.

--
// Remco van de Meent

//   www: http://oloon.student.utwente.nl