Sendmail on a port other than 25.

Post by Jason Kell » Tue, 27 Oct 1998 04:00:00

Is it possible to setup sendmail on a port other than 25 and still be able
to send and recieve email to the internet, without having to make changes
on any machine but my own?  If anyone has any ideas it would be greatly
appreciated.

Sendmail on a port other than 25.

Post by Ashok Aiy » Wed, 28 Oct 1998 04:00:00

On Mon, 26 Oct 1998 09:25:47 -0500, Jason Kelly

Quote:>Is it possible to setup sendmail on a port other than 25 and still be able
>to send and recieve email to the internet, without having to make changes
>on any machine but my own?  If anyone has any ideas it would be greatly
>appreciated.

You will be able to send mail from your machine if you bind sendmail to
a port other than 25.

You will not be able to receive mail.  Why do you want to do something
like this anyway?

Later,
Ashok
--
Ashok Aiyar, Ph.D.
McArdle Laboratory for Cancer Research

1. Sendmail service port 25 can't be connected

Dear guru,

I can see the sendmail is started up by root as a
daemon, i.e. ps -ef | grep sendmail

    root 25681     1  0 17:01:34 ?        0:00 /usr/lib/sendmail -bd -d 9 -q15m

But the sendmail service 25 can't be connected by using
"telnet hostname 25". While if the direct use of sendmail

It can send email correctly. Anybody know is it a configuration
problem or any other hints?

Thanks
Sam

2. Help: Sendmail with UUCP on Solaris 2.4

3. Sendmail & port 25 help !!!

4. Patch to vrfy to issue ETRN command to sendmail 8.8

5. sendmail not accepting connections on port 25?

6. help: cann't complie dosemu0.49pl4

7. Sendmail on a listening on a Port other than 25

8. AP-10 SCSI PCI Adapter from SIIG

9. Sendmail: accepting connect on port 25

10. sendmail port 25

11. sendmail security issues on port 25 ?

12. Sendmail not responding on port 25

13. Sendmail and ISP Blocking Port 25