nfs_stat_to_errno: bad nfs status return value: 116

nfs_stat_to_errno: bad nfs status return value: 116

Post by Dale Mart » Sun, 16 Jun 1996 04:00:00

What does therror message in the subject mean?  I looked it up in
/include/asm/errno.h but I didn't find it particularly enlightening.

It would appear that after I get this message in my logs, all mount
requests to my machine hang.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
                Dale

| Dale E. Martin - University of Cincinnati Computer Architecture Laboratory |

1. kernel: nfs_stat_to_errno: bad nfs status return value 116

Hi,
        I've been seeing the following error message on my Linux 2.0.4
host on occasion:

Oct 26 16:12:16 ganesh kernel: nfs_stat_to_errno: bad nfs status return value: 116

It doesn't happen all that often (3 times today, usually less often than
that).  I'm not sure which NFS filesystem it's referring to, but this
particular host mounts directories from a host running HP/UX 10.x and also
from an SGI running Irix 5.3 .  (I suspect it's the SGI mount, just because
the HP mount generates very little traffic, and the frequency of the message
increases with traffic.)

        Has anybody seen this before?  What does it mean (other than the
obvious)?  Should I worry about it?

Thanks!
        Dane Dwyer

2. Netscape 4.06

3. bad nfs status return value: 116

4. Is default standard input the keyboard or the terminal?

5. Having trouble running modem tool on server install

6. bad nfs status return value

7. Looking for comercial Xwindows

8. Bad value collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

9. unknown nfs status return value: 71

10. can a script return a value other than exit status

11. Problem with status value returned by waitpid

12. Default return value for when return() is not explicitly used on SC5.0