Firewall dropping Kazaa UDP packets it shouldn't -- Need help

Firewall dropping Kazaa UDP packets it shouldn't -- Need help

Post by Greg Smit » Wed, 05 Nov 2003 16:55:34

Hi

I am trying to get kanat to work -- This allows you to run a kazaa
machine behind a firewall.

All you have to do is forward both the UDP and the TCP port of your
choice to the kazaa machine behind your NAT.

OK, no problem.  But if I completely open up my firewall, and just
turn on forwarding, then it works.

But, if I turn on port forwarding in my normal software package
(firestater), then only half of the UDP packets come through.  The
rest are dropped.

I'm dying for a decent kazaa machine.  Can anyone help me figure out
what rule in Firestater is causing only some of the UDP packets to be
dropped?

I don't even know where to start.

Thanks,
Greg