Warning: unable to tag process, Warning: unable to lock ....

Warning: unable to tag process, Warning: unable to lock ....

Post by Krepper Guillerm » Wed, 21 Nov 2001 05:14:05

I have a 2 eth box. When I activate some apps like snort, iptraf,
ethereal the box stop forwarding packets.
here are the errors that I get with iptraf app:
Warning: unable to tag process
Warning: unable to lock [iptraf service] on [interface]
snort and ethereal does not report any error.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Billy

1. (sorry but didn't know where to ask) Warning: unable to lock LAN

Hello, first of all sorry if this is not the place to ask this, please
redirecteme.

Here is my problem:
I have a linux box with 2 eth. When I start some apps like snort,
ethereal, iptraf, etc... the box stops forwarding paquetes and I get
this error msg:
iptraf:
    Warning: unable to tag this process
    Warning: unable to lock LAN on eth0
snort:
    Does'n give me an error but stops forwarding too.
ethereal:
    Does'n give me an error but stops forwarding too.

I have searched all the logs, but could not find nothing.

Any Ideas?

thanks
Billy

2. Problems regarding installation

3. (Sorry if this is not the right place) Warning: unable to lock LAN ...

4. Cobol comiler

5. Warning: unable to open initial console

6. Yggdrasil

7. Warning: Unable to load any usable fontset?

8. TX / UDMA Motherboards...

9. Wmaker, Warning: Unable to load any usable fontset

10. Warning: unable to open an initial console

11. How do I solve "Warning: Unable to load any usable fontset"?

12. Warning: Unable to load any usable fontset

13. Gtk-WARNING: Unable to locate loadable module in module_path: "libxfce.so"