Need info on IP Accounting, Kerberos

Post by Bob Dilwort » Sat, 02 Sep 1995 04:00:00

Hi All:

Sorry, but I posted this earlier and forgot to include a subject.  Pretty
dumb!

Anyway I've got three questions.  FYI I'm running Linux 1.2.1 (Info Magic
Slackware).

1.  I built a kernel with IP Accounting switched on.  How do I go about
collecting accounting data?  Is it shot into a file somewhere?  Do I have
to do something else to actually begin to collect data??

2.  How about regular process accounting?  How do I turn that on.  I
can't find any info on either via the MAN pages or HowTo.

3.  How would one obtain kerberos for Linux?  Is there a version of
Kerberos for linux?

Any responses would be appreciated!  Go ahead and post responses, others
may be interested too!

Thanks again.

Bob Dilworth
Toledo, Ohio

1. I NEED A LOCAL IP CHECKER TO SEND THE IP TO AN OUTSIDE ACCOUNT!

Ok, here is my problem... I am running a server on Corel Linux v2.  The
problem is it is on a static IP.  The unfortunate part is my IP goes down
frequently (Damn Bell Canada) And My server, along with the IP, goes down
(How can I connect to it if I dunno the IP).  What I am looking for is a way
for the system to constatly check the IP and see if it changes, if it does,
it e-mails my external account (Hotmail, yahoo, etc).  I have heard there is
a way to do this throguh a CRON... Can some one help me? I am a newbie to
Linux (less than a year) And I have no clue how to go about it.  Please,
someone help me.  Thanks

Kronos3.

http://Kronos3.com

2. Bash can't find a file that ls can (newbie)

3. Accounting, Database info needed

4. time syncronization

5. Transferring User Accounts and Groups Info Needed!

6. fssnap, ufsdump and /etc/dumpdates revisited

7. IP Accounting, what do I need?

8. Tcsh-6.07 is now available

9. Need help with IPA (IP accounting)

10. Need a little help on IP Accounting

11. need help with subnetting/routing/IP accounting

12. IP Accounting, what do I need?

13. IP accounting software needed