/etc/hosts.lpd (netgroup)

Post by Yasuyuki Sait » Fri, 16 Feb 2001 10:47:08

Hello.

  I would like to configure an access control of printer
using netgroup. However it does not work well.  I edited
files as following.

1. /etc/netgroup
client  (machine1,-,nisdomain) (machine2,-,nisdomain)

  I confirmed that if /etc/hosts.lpd contains only "+",
I can print out from client machine.

--
Yasuyuki SAITO

1. remote printer for other unix...lpd, host.lpd, etc

Hello,

I'm trying to setup a Linux box as a remote printer server for other
UNIX boxes such as Solaris.  I can print to the linux box from the
remote hosts if the user exists on both the local machine and the remote
machine.  However, I'd like to be able to print to the Linux box without
having to add users to the Linux box.

I've added all the machines that will access the printer into the
/etc/hosts.lpd file and here is a copy of the pertinent entry in my
/etc/printcap file:

hplaser:\
         :sd=/var/spool/lpd/lp:\
         :mx#0:\
         :sh:\
         :lp=/dev/lp0:\
         :rs=false:\
         :sc:\
         :if=/var/spool/lpd/lp/filter:

Thanks for any help you might be able to offer!

Cheers, Luc.
P.S. Please also reply to the following address:

2. Strange mail activity

3. hosts.lpd netgroup entries won't work on 4.3.2.0

4. Diamond Supra Express 56i Modem

5. sample of /etc/hosts.lpd file

6. sed syntax for...

7. /etc/hosts.lpd

8. Printer problem

9. Format of /etc/hosts.lpd ?

10. Q: /etc/hosts.lpd and printing over network

11. What is the format of /etc/hosts.lpd ?

12. /etc/hosts.lpd