DIP - Dialing tone....

Post by roo » Wed, 07 Jun 1995 04:00:00

I don't have the man page for DIAL(3), and can't figure out how to get my
modem to dial tone.  I have it set to HAYES, and use DIAL <number> to dial.
It uses ATD, and I woudl like to know how to make it use ATDT.
Thanks for any help.

DIP - Dialing tone....

Post by Christopher J. Whi » Fri, 09 Jun 1995 04:00:00

>I don't have the man page for DIAL(3), and can't figure out how to get my
>modem to dial tone.  I have it set to HAYES, and use DIAL <number> to dial.
>It uses ATD, and I woudl like to know how to make it use ATDT.
>Thanks for any help.

In DIP, just use the command DIAL and prepend your number with 'T',
for example,

DIAL T9358132

alternatively, replace DIAL with SEND,

SEND ATDT9358132

cj white

1. cannot get dip to do tone dialing

Hi,
        I have a strange problem.  I cannot get dip to do tone-dialing in
the script file.  I have no problem if I use dip interactive, i.e. dip -t
and then do atdt *555555 etc.  I have a HAYES modem and here is my script
file:

port cua3
modem HAYES
reset
send ATQ0V1E1X4\r
dial 5555555

at this point, I would hear that the modem goes off hook and start dialing
in pulse.  I tried to do send atdt then dial 5555 but it didn't like it

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Dennis
                   Georgia Institute of Technology
      School of Electrical Engineering, Atlanta, GA  30332-0250

2. AIX 1.2 (PS/2) nfs mount & automount

3. dip dialing pulse instead of tone

4. cron job error

5. tone dialing with dip, & rlogin help

6. Debug key mappings in kdevelop

7. How to stop modem dialling when no dial-tone present

8. error running CC

9. how to set " modem don't wait for dial tone before dialing "

10. Q:DIP tone--> pulse in script

11. DIP pulse dialing and dip.pid

12. dip "dial" command defaults to PULSE dialing!!!

13. No Dial Tone