half-life game server behind firewall

Post by ja.. » Thu, 30 Dec 1999 04:00:00

Hi,

I'm looking to set up a half-life server behind my firewall at home.  The
firewall is a IPCHAINS firewall running under redhat 6.1(2.2.12).

I've got the firewall up and I'm able to play internet multiplayer games
without any problems.  I would guess its some kind of port forwarding I need
to set up on the firewall.  Any suggestions?

-jasno

1. Half-Life server behind firewall

I want to run a Half-Life server on my private network on Windows 98
behind a RedHat 7.0 ipchains firewall.  I found this information in a
Half-Life server FAQ, but I'm not sure how to implement it.

6) What ports do I need to leave open on my firewall so my HLDS will
work?

To operate the HLDS on a firewall protected network, you must open the
following
UDP ports:

  6003, 7002, 27005, 27010, 27011, 27012, 27015

Note that these are all UDP ports, not TCP ports.

Auth Ports For Firewall

East auth: half-life.east.won.net which resolves to 209.191.156.149
West auth: half-life.west.won.net which resolves to 128.11.20.143

How do I go about forwarding these ports to the windows 98 machine using
ipchains?  Also, how do I allow auth to work, or will it work with just
regular IP Masquerading, which is already on.  I have read through all
the firewalling HOW-TOs, but I didn't find anything in there to tell me
how to forward these ports through my firewall.

Here is what my firewall rules look like now:

Chain input (policy ACCEPT):
Chain forward (policy DENY):
target     prot opt     source                destination
ports
MASQ       all  ------  192.168.0.0/24           anywhere
n/a
Chain output (policy ACCEPT):

If someone could help me with this, I would appreciate it greatly.

Thanks,
Kevin

2. "ph" for Linux?

3. half life game server with ipchains firewall

4. problems with Python

5. Half life server behind Linux NAT iptables firewall

6. Where is the floppy diskette drive?

7. games with IPCHAINS? (half-life)

8. X Windows and AOC LCD Monitor

9. ipchains firewall and Half-life