1. Half-Life server behind firewall
I want to run a Half-Life server on my private network on Windows 98
behind a RedHat 7.0 ipchains firewall. I found this information in a
Half-Life server FAQ, but I'm not sure how to implement it.
6) What ports do I need to leave open on my firewall so my HLDS will
To operate the HLDS on a firewall protected network, you must open the
6003, 7002, 27005, 27010, 27011, 27012, 27015
Note that these are all UDP ports, not TCP ports.
Auth Ports For Firewall
East auth: half-life.east.won.net which resolves to 184.108.40.206
West auth: half-life.west.won.net which resolves to 220.127.116.11
How do I go about forwarding these ports to the windows 98 machine using
ipchains? Also, how do I allow auth to work, or will it work with just
regular IP Masquerading, which is already on. I have read through all
the firewalling HOW-TOs, but I didn't find anything in there to tell me
how to forward these ports through my firewall.
Here is what my firewall rules look like now:
Chain input (policy ACCEPT):
Chain forward (policy DENY):
target prot opt source destination
MASQ all ------ 192.168.0.0/24 anywhere
Chain output (policy ACCEPT):
If someone could help me with this, I would appreciate it greatly.
2. "ph" for Linux?
3. half life game server with ipchains firewall
4. problems with Python
5. Half life server behind Linux NAT iptables firewall
6. Where is the floppy diskette drive?
7. games with IPCHAINS? (half-life)
8. X Windows and AOC LCD Monitor
9. ipchains firewall and Half-life
10. Half-Life Server
11. Half-Life Server Socket Error
12. Half-life Dedicated server.
13. Half-Life Server