Automatically save file via e-mail!!

Post by jip.. » Sun, 01 Oct 2000 04:00:00

Hi,

I have this problem, where I work has a firewall. Which stops me using
my ftp server at home.

what I am looking for is a e-mail agent that I can send an e-mail with
an attached file. And this file will be saved in a particular directory.

Do you know how I can do this under linux??

Jippie

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Post by Steve Co » Sun, 01 Oct 2000 04:00:00

> Hi,

> I have this problem, where I work has a firewall. Which stops me using
> my ftp server at home.

> what I am looking for is a e-mail agent that I can send an e-mail with
> an attached file. And this file will be saved in a particular directory.

> Do you know how I can do this under linux??

> Jippie

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/ Before you buy.

Most email agent will allow attachments - Personally, I use Pine.

Post by Tim Hayne » Sun, 01 Oct 2000 04:00:00

> I have this problem, where I work has a firewall. Which stops me using my
> ftp server at home.
> what I am looking for is a e-mail agent that I can send an e-mail with an
> attached file. And this file will be saved in a particular directory.

*Boggle* Email? Can't you get a TCP connection in *either* direction, and
at least use rsync or scp or something?

Failing that, `man mutt`.

~Tim
--

(seen mid-windows 98 installation)              | http://piglet.is.dreaming.org

Post by David Efflan » Mon, 02 Oct 2000 04:00:00

>I have this problem, where I work has a firewall. Which stops me using
>my ftp server at home.

>what I am looking for is a e-mail agent that I can send an e-mail with
>an attached file. And this file will be saved in a particular directory.

>Do you know how I can do this under linux??

>Jippie

I don't know which way you are going with this traffic, but assuming you
set up something with fetchmail and/or procmail to get an e-mail request
for a file, you might be able to do something with procmail.  Or you could
automate something using the MIME::Lite Perl module (you might need to
grab that from CPAN if it is not on your Linux CD).  For example I
have used MIME::Lite to e-mail files uploaded to CGI, as file attachments.

http://hammer.prohosting.com/~cgi-wiz/  http://cgi-help.virtualave.net/