NetWare on SlackWare

Post by Cratylus Methylphenidat » Sun, 16 Aug 1998 04:00:00

Heya, folks. I've been trying to install Caldera's NetWare for
Linux on my Slackware 3.5 box, and let me tell you, there's a big
difference between COL, RH and slack distributions.

 After a lot of agony, I've managed to patch my kernel with
streams, and converted the rpm's to a package format my
distrib can digest, and I have installed everything I need to.

 BUT. When I try to run /etc/rc.d/init.d/netware, I get this:

./netware: /etc/rc.d/init.d/functions: No such file or directory
./netware: /etc/sysconfig/network: No such file or directory
No configuration file for

 I read the back issues of this mailing list, and created
a /etc/rc.d/init.d/functions file with (hopefully) the correct
parameters, but I'm still stumped by the /etc/sysconfig/network
file. Can someone provide me a sample of theirs?

 If anyone has managed to get NW for Linux running on slack,
I sure could use any tips. I'm slowly dying on the inside
over here.
--